Disability Rights Maryland (DRM):
- Letter to Business Leaders Amid COVID-19: https://disabilityrightsmd.org/wp-content/uploads/Business-Leader-Letter-F.pdf
- In this letter, DRM and the Maryland Association of Centers for Independent Living (MACIL) urge business leaders to make reasonable accommodations in order that Marylanders with disabilities have equal access to their goods and services amid the coronavirus pandemic.
National Disability Rights Network (NDRN):
- Statement on Elections Accessibility during the COVID-19 Pandemic: https://www.ndrn.org/resource/statement-on-elections-accessibility-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
- Applying HHS’s Guidance for States and Health Care Providers on Avoiding Disability-Based Discrimination in Treatment Rationing: https://www.tascnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Guidance-to-States-Hospitals_FINAL.pdf
- This guidance elaborates on the requirements in the Office for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Bulletin and is endorsed by 90 national disability and health advocacy organizations.
Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund (DREDF):
- Statement on Preventing Discrimination in the Treatment of COVID-19 Patients: https://dredf.org/the-illegality-of-medical-rationing-on-the-basis-of-disability/
The Northwest ADA Center:
- Emergency and Disaster Response: http://nwadacenter.org/news/emergency-and-disaster-response-ada-lessons-learned-1
- Guidance Sheet on Accessible Drive-Thru-Medical Sites: http://nwadacenter.org/factsheet/accessibility-drive-thru-medical-sites
The Center for Dignity in Healthcare for People with Disabilities:
- Do You Know Your Rights with COVID-19?: https://www.ucucedd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/COVID-19-Fact-sheet-for-PWD-002.jpg
- Safeguard Against Disability Discrimination During COVID-19: https://www.ucucedd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Safeguards-against-Discrimination-flyer-for-healthcare-professionals_ThinkEquitable.jpg
Last Updated: May 26, 2020